Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Vacuum - Entry #1 Lesson 4

     I was vacuuming my house one day. The vacuum started to make this burning smell and started to screech. I turned off the vacuum to investigate. I had just cleaned the filters and emptied the bag less dust cup. I thought maybe there was some hair wrapped around the roller. There was a lot of hair. It looked like I swept up a cat. My hair is almost waist length and it falls out all the time. The vacuum was officially broken. I had to get a new one. I remembered I had Walmart's Savings Catcher. I had built up enough to buy a new vacuum. I went on walmart.com and found my new vacuum. It was $129.94 but was on sale for $79.94. I then applied the free shipping and my savings catcher. My out of pocket went down to $15.35. I was in awe that I could get my new vacuum that cheap.
     I waited for the amount to be debited from my checking account. Days went by, and then a week. Then I was informed that the vacuum was on back order. I found the same vacuum in store so I cancelled the order. As soon as I cancelled the order, it shipped. I waited 2 long days for it to come from Texas. I kept checking with the Fedex Tracking option on their website. It felt like it was in transit for longer than 2 days. I checked it one last time. It had been delivered. I had a vacuum. The only problem was that it was delivered at my house and I was at work. The Fedex driver left this brand new vacuum in the original vacuum box on my front porch. There was nothing to tell thieves that it was not a vacuum. I had such anxiety thinking about my vacuum being stolen. I had waited so long and I didn't want it to be stolen. I arrived home to find it still there. 
     I promptly ripped open the box like it was Christmas morning. I was throwing plastic wrap in the air. I assembled the vacuum cleaner. I plugged it in. The power of the vacuum was music to my ears. The whirl of the motor and the fresh smell of the Febreeze filter it came with. I had no vacuum for almost three weeks. The dust, hair, and dirt that it inhaled was astonishing. I felt so delighted to have clean carpets again. Clean and fresh smelling once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment