Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Days! - Entry # 14 Lesson 4

     Taking a snow day at work is hard for me. I dread the phone call to tell my boss that I am unable to come into work due to the public schools cancelling. This comes after I took off work due to school being closed on a Friday, the weekend, & then Monday due to President’s Day. Add those 2 snow days on and I have been off of work for almost a full week.
     When I was hired I told my boss that I did not have childcare. If my son were to be sick, have a day off of school, or if there was a snow day then I would not be into the office at all on those days. Well the snow days approached us and I called the boss and heard the disappointment. I hate when I am made to feel guilty for taking time off due to having to care for my child.
     I would definitely take my son to work with me. He loves going to work with me. My boss however does not like children in the office anymore. He is self-sufficient and entertains himself. I know it would be for 4 hours but if they really want me to come to work, that is really my only option right now.

     It is hard to balance having a child and trying to work when you are the sole care giver for them. He has other family members to care for him but if it involves someone having to take off work, I am the one to miss work. I know it is not fair to my employer, however I told them the day I was hired. I just hope that they don’t change their mind about me working there. It is an easy job and only working 4 hours a day allows me to be a full-time student.

No comments:

Post a Comment