Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Separation Anxiety - Entry #10 Lesson 4

     I grew up in a big family. I was the second girl of 6 girls. We ranged from age newborn to 10 years old. 6 girls in one house sometimes with one bathroom. Don’t even try to imagine that because it was so much worse than you can imagine.
     My older sister is 362 days older than me. There is less than a year in between us. She is the only sister I still talk to. I talk to her at least once a week. My 9 year old son and her 5 year old son act like brothers when they are together. They have so much fun playing.
     My sister will ask me to do something so I will go out of my way to do it. Then at the last minute, she will change her mind completely. Then I will have to go out of my way to do something else for her. It hasn't just happened once. It happens a lot.
     I have gone out of my way to make arrangements to pick up her son to watch him. At the last minute she will have someone else watch him and my son is left just as confused as I am. Why can’t I pick up her son? Why does she think he is going to get hurt in my care? Her son loves hanging out with me. We have a blast.
     The few, and I mean few, times I have watched my nephew were times when she would call every 20 minutes wanting a status update on him. Has he eaten? Has he peed? Has he been wanting her? Yes, I do feed children. I do allow them to go to the bathroom. No, he has not been wanting you because he is wrapped up in the fun we are having he doesn't miss you.

     I think that is what she is scared of. The fact that he doesn't want, need, or miss her when I am around. I guess it might be separation anxiety. She allows him to still sleep in her bed. At 5 years old, he is still sleeping with his mother. He is going to have separation anxiety also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment