Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Reflections - 7.1 Fluency Journal Reflection

       I have personally never had a blog before. I didn't realize that this blog was harder to do than I thought. I think about stuff daily and a lot of it could be a writing topic. When I sit down to write my blog though, I draw a blank. I forget how to articulate my words into something that someone would want to read. I feel like I have to keep the reader’s interest. I have to keep their attention long enough for them to think this has to get better.
     I did write a lot about my son. He is the best thing to ever happen to me. I didn't really get to experience his childhood with him. He did live with me, but I worked a lot to support us. I felt like I didn't get to do a lot with him because I was always exhausted from working too much. I feel like he was cheated out of spending that quality time with me.
     Now we are in a better place and I am doing as much with him as possible. When I write about him I think of our next adventure we can experience. That has to be the best part of this process. Expanding my thought process and giving me the freedom to share my new experiences. Experiences I now know how to express correctly.
     I did enjoy this assignment process. I liked how it was a continuous assignment. I was accountable for a lengthy process for posting my blogs and how in-depth my thought process could get. I do recommend that if you struggle with writing to start a blog. It is writing freedom. You choose the topics. You choose the content. You also get to choose the frequency of your posts. It would have been nice to receive feedback or comments on my blog posts. It would allow me to interact with my audience, if there is one.

1 comment:

  1. Amber - Maybe the idea of an audience has put too much pressure on you and this is why you draw a blank. In this genre, it is perfectly acceptable to ignore your audience. You likely don't really know your audience anyway. Shutting that part of worry down might help you to write. I am glad you have written about your son. My personal blog has become a story scrapbook as such and I love remembering and going back to reread stories I have placed there. Hopefully, our children will do the same. You should be pleased with what you have accomplished here and I hope you will keep writing. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete