Sunday, February 8, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis - Assignment 4.4

         I was surprised when I read the Know Your Audience Posts. I assumed that most of the students here were local people. I mean they are local people now. I just thought since I always grew up here, then everyone else did too. It is surprising to find out that Audrey came from Texas. Devon moved here from South Dakota. Vicki moved here from Arizona. Kayla is from Louisiana. Christina is from Virginia. We have quite the diverse group.
     I think that having such a variety of regional cultures will make writing more exciting. I can read their posts and it may be totally different from mine. I only know local culture. They have an advantage with being from a different state.
     It was nice to find out that almost everyone taking this class had the same answer about winning the lottery. It’s refreshing to find out that my fellow students have compassion for those around them. They wanted to pay off their family’s debt. Buy them houses. Take their families on vacations. Best of all, they wanted to donate to charities. A cause I am very passionate about. I volunteer for Gynca. An organization that assists women surviving gynecological cancers. Compassion is always the best trait to have.
     It seems like we all spend our free time with our families. May it be a spouse, children, or friends. Jayla said that her greatest goal was to become a parent. She has been with her husband since she was 17. She has 2 kids. She definitely enjoys her family time. Electronics are also a good form of relaxation. Personally I am not an outdoor person but there are a lot of students who adore the outdoors.
     I think if this class were all to meet face to face there would be no silence. I feel like we would all connect based off what I have read. We all share hobbies, values, or compassion. I would personally love to see this take place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment