Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Sunday Son - Post #12 Lesson 4

     I always love every other Sunday afternoon. That is the day of I get my son back from visiting his father. When I open that car door, I get the biggest eyes and smile. My son screams his excitement to see me again after a couple of days.
     I hate the days when he is away, but the look when he sees me again is worth the wait. I love those days because that is when I get the biggest hugs and kisses. He also gets so excited when he tries to cram 3 days’ worth of stories in about 10 minutes. He literally does not breathe when he is talking.
I know I will miss the days when my son gets that excited. I have heard of the dreaded teenage years.      I am not looking forward to that. A long period where the parents are always wrong and not cool anymore. I like it now when my son holds my hand when we walk through a parking lot. When he kisses me on the cheek at night and tells me that he loves me. I will definitely miss these days.
     My boyfriend says I need to let him go so he can go into a young man. I am not too convinced that this is a great idea. A mother never wants to be told that it is time to let her baby grow up. I will let him gradually gain his freedom from me but he can’t do it too fast. He can slowly wean me off from being his overprotective mother.

     Every day I love him more and more. I see myself in him more every day. He makes me so proud to be his mom. I wouldn't change this for anything. Even on those days I might pull my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment