Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Son is 9 Going on 30! - Entry #7 Lesson 4

     Tonight, I took my 9 year old son to a roller skate party. It was the first one he has been to this school year. He was so cute acting like a grown man taking his ticket to the skate counter. He gave the man his ticket and grabbed his skates. He seemed like he knew exactly what to do. He laced up his skates and was gliding on the carpeted area. I thought for sure he would stick to the carpet area. I found a seat in the café to do homework and I looked up and he was skating so fast on the hardwood. I was scared for a bit just picturing that he would fall and break something.
     He skated for a little over an hour. Then it was time for a break. I bought him a PowerAde and he drank almost the whole bottle. That skating was wearing him out. He then asked for some money for a snack. I gave him money and he came back with a Hershey bar, a sprite, and a girl! They sat across from me in the booth sharing a chocolate bar. They seemed like they were on a date. My son dating at 9? I think not.

     The kids got back up and went skating again. They went faster and faster. My son was sad when I had to leave. He wanted to spend more time with Jade. Then we went to Walmart and he winked at a little blonde girl. Just a few days ago we were at Walmart and he was trying to buy a faux diamond ring for this girl named Carly. How many other girls are there? I don’t know why he thinks he has to get married this young. I know I am not ready for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment