Thursday, February 12, 2015

Spring Season of Baseball - Entry #8 Lesson 4

     Baseball season stats on February 18th, 2015. I am so excited to have it start up again. I love going to a ball game. I always have to get a ballpark hot dog. That may be my favorite thing. On my second date with my boyfriend in 2012, he took me to a Springfield Cardinals Baseball game. We sat up in the Roost section. I was so nervous. I was sweating and trying to look cute making sure I didn't get hit with a foul ball.
     We also went to Teal in the Park. A portion of those ticket sales went to benefit GYNCA. Gynecological Cancers Alliance is an amazing nonprofit organization that helps women surviving gynecological cancers in the Ozarks. The first time we went to this, we were selected to go on the field and play musical chairs. It was fun. Having the crowd cheer us on while we entertained the crowd by falling on our butts.
     It is also nice to go to the really hot games, sit in the shade, and eat frozen lemonade. I also love that they have pizza, cheesesteaks, and ice cream. Being able to still watch the ballgame while getting your food makes the wait in those lines not seem as long.

     I once went to a game where they had hundreds on motorcycles circle the field and honor a soldier. The bikes were all over. Instead of a green field you saw the glare from the chrome in the sun. The sound of the engines roaring to show appreciation for this soldier’s service made you get goose bumps in the heat. I am just waiting for opening day. The start of spring. The Friday night fireworks that leave the air full of sulfur and light. You first hear a boom and then an amazing display of colored lights. Oh I can’t wait until February 18th, 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment