Saturday, February 7, 2015

Test Anxiety - Entry #4 Lesson 4

I have severe test anxiety. When I have to sit down and take a test, I immediately blank out on the subject. I go through these moments where I am convinced I know the answer but it won’t come to mind. It gives me a feeling of Alzheimer’s. I forget the name but I can remember where I saw it or what it looked like. I also tend to second guess my answers. I will be sure it is A but then my mind says “no, change it to C”. I also get confused with the wording of the question. Sometimes it reads like a certain term but then there is a point where it could be a completely different answer. I can score well on assignments and training. Then it is test time and I freeze. Frozen with sweaty palms and an upset stomach. I start to feel nauseous and I lose all faith in what I have learned. I feel like I need to develop a relaxation technique. Maybe figure out the triggers of the anxiety. Is it the quiet? Is it sitting in a room of strangers? Being watched while I struggle? Sometimes I get to the point where I am trying so hard to concentrate that I start to fidget. I also can’t eat breakfast because it makes me nauseous. If I don’t eat breakfast, then I get shaky. I also have a class where in 1 week we went over 4 chapters and the next week we went over 2 chapters. That is a lot of information to cram into such a short period. There is no way I will be able to remember all of that information. I still have 2 weeks until my proctored exam in that class. Oh what to do….

No comments:

Post a Comment