Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Job Stress - Entry #5 Lesson 4

     Switching jobs can be the worst feeling. I became a stay at home mom in May of 2014. I was off work for 5 months. Not by choice but we made the best of it. I spent the summer with my 9 year old son. We had a blast. We didn't go anywhere but we just played and had fun. In late October of 2014, I was told that my old employer was hiring. I was excited that they could use me again. I truly like working there. I signed up to work 4 hours a day Monday thru Friday.
     This nonprofit organization I volunteer for asked me to stop by their office one day. I stopped by and they wanted to ask me if I would ever consider a paid job with them. I was in total shock. I was astonished they wanted me on their team. The pay and perks are out of this world. The flexibility is amazing. Of course I want to work here.
     The thing that is stressing me out is having to tell my current boss that I am quitting AGAIN! I hate to disappoint her and she has been so amazing to me. I know that this transition is the best thing for my family right now. We would benefit in so many ways. I would never have to put my son in daycare again. He hasn't been since May of 2014. I worked my hours out to only be there when he is in school.

     I hate change. I hate learning new things. I love consistency. I know I will succeed at this new job. I will do my best. I don’t think I am made to deal with the depressing side of the job. I do not deal well with death or crying. I am not an emotional person. I do have empathy for people but I am not able to put myself in their situation. I hope I just fit in and am not the new girl forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment