Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My 1st Snowman With My Son - Entry #13 Lesson 4

     I built my first snowman with my son. We put on our thickest sweat pants, hats, & coats. We put our snow boots on and came up with a game plan. We had bought a snowman kit at Target for $4.48. It came with a carrot, hats, and buttons. It also had 3 tubes of dye to make it a very colorful snowman! It definitely made it colorful. The only thing it was missing was arms. There were no twigs for arms.
     I tried to break limbs off of a tree. Apparently I am not that strong. Those limbs were very attached to that tree. The only thing I could find that would work for arms were tongs. Yes, we used kitchen tongs for the arms of our snowman.
     I rarely get to have childhood fun with my son. In that I mean that we do more grown up activities. There are many activities that my son does that I have not done. I have never really rode my own bike. I don’t shoot a bow and arrow. I don’t play sports. My son does all of these. It can be hard to relate to him when I feel like I want to do what he can do.
     When I was a kid, I was watching my 4 younger sisters and never really had a childhood. I always wanted to do the things my friends were doing. They got to ride bikes, roller skate, & play sports. I was stuck inside babysitting. I didn't feel like I was a kid, I felt like a parent.

     I will definitely try to do more activities geared toward my son’s age group. It felt like I was getting my childhood back. It was like I was 9 years old out there building a snowman. I am so glad that we had that opportunity to build that snowman. We laughed so hard and it made me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment