Saturday, January 31, 2015

Assignment 3.3 - This I Believe Pre-writing - Freewrite

This I believe I will try to conquer my fears. I have the fear of water. I hate being around large areas of water. When I first started driving, I would keep a life jacket in my front seat for those times I went over a bridge and it collapsed and I would almost drown. That never happened. But what if. I can’t swim. I can’t float. I can’t open my eyes under water and I can’t hold my breath for more than 5 seconds! I get panic attacks when the water get up to my ribs in a pool. I am terrified of lakes. Probably because of that movie Lakehouse. Where that guy murdered people and made an underwater area where the people were posing. He would go and visit their corpses. I don’t want to end up like that. I hate lakes because of the dirt, fish, snakes, frogs, alligators, and feces in it. I don’t want to swim with fish poop. That is nasty. I feel like I have to bleach my skin if I went to a lake. I have been on a boat once. This boat was the size of a couch and I kept tightening my lifejacket so tight. It was not coming off. I felt so nauseous any time that boat would rock. Never again! The fear of tipping over. Drowning. Possibly drowning. With fish poop water in my throat. Imagine the diseases I could get from fish poop water. I might die. I definitely don’t want someone to give me CPR. What if they had cold sores and it got transmitted to me. I have never had one and I don’t intend to get them through CPR. I avoid lakes so I don’t have to deal with this ongoing fear. It is paralyzing when I get to a lake. I feel like there is no escape. What if I came across a floater? Some bloated dead body that had been in the water for a long time. That smell. Those nasty eyes. That wrinkly water raisin skin. I would have nightmares for life. What is my nightmares turned into night terrors? I can’t deal with that. Do they ever scrape the bottom of the lake to make sure there are no dead bodies there?


382 Words in 10 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment